Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's (almost) Alive!

Monday morning - I hooked up the last three wires:

  • Keyed +12V to relay box
  • 12V ground to relay box
  • DMOC to 12V ground
I then turned the key, heard the contactor "click" and then - nothing.

I've been here before, of course, so I knew what to do. I hooked up a computer and fired up Azure Dynamic's diagnostic ccShell program. It was registering error code 16 - which I was familiar with from Tim's experience. I checked the grounds, and then set the variable EE2DisableChargedError to 1 which makes the controller ignore the error code 16.

One more time, turning the key on and - noise! Ugly grinding noise, though. The same whether in neutral or in gear, so I'm pretty sure it is coming from the motor itself. I've been here before, too - so I contacted Azure Dynamics tech support. We've had a couple of interactions, with them requesting data dumps & experiments, and me returning data to them.

No results yet - it can move (slowly) forward and backward, but not enough to back it down the driveway. When I get back from vacation, I hope to be able to finish this in the next week or two...

No comments: