No, not the gourd - the differential case is sometimes known as the "pumpkin". As I was preparing to put the ElectroJeep back in the garage for the miscellaneous final things that need to be done, I took a look at the front differential - I expected the springs / shocks would have settled some after going over the curbs, etc. And I was right. The motor mount was resting on the front differential. This is very bad - going over a bump with any significant force would cause serious damage. In fact, even the 100 gentle feet I drove caused damage to the mount - see the lower left corner - bent and scarred (this picture was taken with the Jeep jacked up, so the front axle is dangling):
So, the whole thing needs to move up. I have about an inch of clearance on top:
I also need to move the crossmember toward the rear of the Jeep. This causes, umm, interesting challenges if I am to use the original motor mounting points. Here is one design, showing a heavy 1" box tubing framework that pushes the hanging point toward the face of the motor (it would all ride on a 1/2" threaded rod, shown, that runs the whole length of the assembly):
I would also have to remove most of the aluminum foot on the driver's side of the motor (highlighted in blue here). This would give me nearly two inches of clearance - and I could put a rubber "bump stop" or something down there in case of an extreme bump.
The other option, not shown, would be to rotate the motor 180 degrees so the "foot" is on top, and the motor is hanging from a support stretched across / between the two motor mounting points. But the size of the foot means that there would not be as much clearance between the differential and the motor. And I think I need all the clearance I can get...