Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pumpkin Interference, IV

It's full steam ahead on the "rotate the motor 180 degrees" project to overcome the pumpkin interference. I removed the motor and installed the new mounting points and bushings:

It was not strictly necessary, but the old ones were in questionable shape, and these are heavier-duty (designed to support the 4.0 liter engine). I also rotated the profile plate 180 degrees - note that the motor "feet" are now on top:

And I cleaned up and cut all the metal pieces for the motor mounts:

I spent some time drilling holes, but there are quite a few more holes to drill and welding to do. Cooler weather is rolling in; hard to tell how much I'll get done tomorrow...

No comments: