Saturday, April 26, 2014

100 Lithium Miles

Today, the ElectroJeep celebrated 100 miles of Lithium!  I've used it as my daily driver all week.  I'm very happy with it.  I've been keeping track of the power required to charge it - here is a chart as of this week:


You can see the spreadsheet data here - I'll update it every day that I drive.  From this data, I can see that my target of "50 miles range" will be met, easily (at least at spring/summer temperatures).  I'm getting about 380 Wh/mi range (I had guessed "400"), with a 1.4 kWh "per-charge" overhead.  Given that this is a 30.7 kWh pack, that translates directly to a 56 mile range at 70% depth-of-discharge. That would be an 80 mile range at 100% DOD, but that runs the significant risk of killing the pack.  Not going to tempt fate.


No comments: