I finally got some time and good weather today to finish up the motor install. Although I had some back-and-forth with helpful blog readers, I decided to stick with my current plan for now. I'll re-examine the motor mounting this summer to see whether anything is being stressed by this design.
Here is the motor from the top. The side bolts have blue thread-lock applied, and are torqued to 80 foot-pounds. In addition, there are washers exactly filling the space between the forks and the cradle to reduce the torsion about the motor mount bushings:
After placing the front rack and batteries, I jumped up and down on the front bumper a couple of times to settle the springs, then took this picture. There are now roughly 4 inches of clearance between the motor and the front differential:
As I said at the beginning, this is not probably the very best motor mount - a torsion bar of some sort between the two forks would be very helpful, as would additional bolts between the forks and the cradle, but it will be adequate for now. I'll consider a rebuild this summer.