Saturday, July 12, 2008

Electro Automotive Delivers

Back in May, Electro Automotive shipped me the profile plate, motor ring, splined bushing, and taperlock hub. Unfortunately, the splined bushing was too long and prevented the flywheel from being properly placed. In this photo, you can see how far out the hub stuck with the too-long bushing:


EA said, "send it back and we'll fix it" so I did, but before I sent it back, I took some measurements. The bushing was 1.75" long, as shown here:


When inserted into the hub, the bushing stuck out about 1/8 inch:


I sent them the hub and bushing a few weeks ago, and it showed up this week, all better! Here you can see that the new bushing is 1.375" long (a full 3/8 inch shorter):


When inserted into the hub, it now is about 1/8 inch below the top of the hub:


Here is a test fit of the bushing and hub - you can see that the hub is much farther back inside the profile plate. This should be plenty of room to adjust the flywheel distance.


I have to say, I have been very happy with Electro Automotive's responsiveness here. They have changed their operations to try to do a better job at order fulfillment, and it shows. Thanks, EA!

No comments: