We removed the last of the major internal combustion components today - the gas tank. Here is KatC attacking one of the bolts which holds the gas tank straps on. We got one off normally, but had to cut the other as it was too rusted.
We also removed the old leaf springs so that we could put new heavier-duty lifted leaf springs on. This was a royal pain - 20 years of rust had left the bolts completely frozen. After liberal soaking in penetrating oil, plus the application of heat from a torch, I finally got the bolts to turn using a long-handled 21mm wrench and a BFH - Big Friendly Hammer. Here is one of the old leaf springs next to one of the new leaf springs for comparison:
I also nearly forgot to take a critical measurement - the distance from the flywheel to the motor face. Here is where I took the measurement:
And here is the result - 0.85 inches. I'll need to replicate this distance when I get my motor adapter from Electro Automotive and mount it to the motor: